Zsa Zsa Gabor is reportedly ''doing a little better'' following her recent hip replacement operation.
Zsa Zsa Gabor is "doing a little better" following her hip replacement.
According to reports, the 93-year-old actress is said to be slowly on the mend after receiving a blood transfusion late on Friday (23.07.10), but remains in the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles as she recuperates.
The operation took place after it was discovered she had been "bleeding excessively" following surgery to replace her damaged hip.
Speaking through her publicist John Blanchette, her husband Frederic von Anhalt apparently revealed the actress was able to hold his hand and speak a little bit following the blood transfusion.
It had been reported she may have suffered a stroke during the hip replacement surgery, although her spouse claims this was "just speculation".
Meanwhile, her daughter Constance Francesca Hilton - from Zsa Zsa's four-year marriage to hotelier Conrad Hilton, Paris Hilton's great-grandfather - is adamant her mother is doing better than reported.
She said: "She is not in a coma. She is not on any kind of death watch. She is responsive and on medications. All vital signs are still going strong, and she is talking."