Hollywood veteran Zsa Zsa Gabor is one step closer to losing her leg - her husband has confirmed he has signed paperwork allowing doctors to amputate.
Prince Frederic von Anhalt took the actress to hospital last Sunday (02Jan11) after medics told him they could no longer delay treatment on Gabor's leg, which had become gangrenous.
They held off on amputating the limb, hoping that a course of strong antibiotics might give them options, but von Anhalt told TMZ.com on Thursday (06Jan11) he had been given 24 hours to decide whether or not to give doctors the go ahead to perform a life-threatening operation on the 93-year-old TV star.
Von Anhalt now tells the website doctors will administer anaesthesia to Gabor on Friday (07Jan11).
TMZ.com reports doctors will attempt to remove a blood clot. If they determine it can't be removed, von Anhalt says medics will then amputate half her leg.