ambient traffic and animated pedestrians, await gamers in "Midtown Madness 3." Hidden routes, shortcuts and hideouts are encountered throughout each of the cities, showcasing the incredible depth of these environments.
* Racing Modes. Three different race modes (Blitz, Checkpoint and Cruise) await gamers. You can just cruise through the incredibly vast cityscapes of DC or Paris, or race through and unlock more than 40 different Blitz and Checkpoint races.
* Career mode. Players work through more than 50 missions across 14 careers, including a limousine driver, pizza deliverer, taxi driver, secret agent and police officer. New careers, vehicles and challenges are unlocked as players complete a series of missions to progress through the game.
* Diverse vehicles. Gamers have the opportunity to put their driving skills to the test across a wide assortment of fast and fun vehicles. Racers can select from more than 30 vehicles, including licensed cars like the BMW Mini Cooper, the Lotus Espirit Turbo, or the Hummer HS as well as vehicles such as city buses, taxis or even garbage trucks.
* Multiplayer Modes Play. Gamers can challenge friends and others with split screen play, system-link play and online play via Xbox LiveTM. Xbox Live support will feature specific multiplayer games as well as downloadable content and all Xbox Live modes will support up to eight players (the host and up to seven others). Gamers will have four exclusive game modes available for Xbox Live or via System Link. Two of these four modes are:
* Capture the Gold - There's gold in the city - go get as much of it as you can. Whoever gets the most gold, is the winner. Set gold goals or a time limit if you want a winner, or just play forever.
* Stayaway should be thought of as a reverse version of the schoolyard game "tag" in which instead of trying to "tag" someone so that they become "it", the objective is to stay "it" for as long as possible. The longer a driver stays "it" the more points that driver will earn. There will be the option of setting a time limit on the game or a point limit, to determine the winner.
* Advanced graphics and audio. In leveraging the audio capabilities of Xbox, "Midtown Madness 3" delivers traffic, pedestrians, voice-over effects and ambient sounds peculiar to the cities and neighborhoods in which play takes place, providing a fully interactive racing experience.