Developer: Rare Ltd.
Format: DVD for the XBOX® video game system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Spring 2004
"Kameo" is a magical, epic adventure full of magnificent exploration and intense combat. The future of the world depends on Kameo, who must capture, grow and unleash a wide assortment of incredible monsters to combat ever-present evil, and rescue her three Elemental Ancestors from the Dark Troll King, who threatens the planet and its wildlife.
In true Rare Ltd. fashion, the world is wondrous and immense to explore, the puzzles and challenges are brilliant, and the monster-oriented combat and exploration is innovative and unique.
1. Innovative monster-based combat system. Kameo has the unique ability to morph in real time into a wide variety of incredible monsters, each with its own strengths and fighting style. To fight the hordes of evil, players will strategically employ 18 elemental monsters from each of the Six Elements of Power: Plant, Water, Rock, Ice, Wind and Fire. They can choose a plant that boxes for up-close combat, a rock monster to launch a silo of rocks, or a wind monster that specializes in ground-to-air attacks. Fast-paced action, epic-style battles and massive boss encounters will require players to think and act quickly using their boundless monster repertoire.
2. Monsters: essential to exploration. Monsters are not only key for combat, they are vital tools to expand players' journey. Each monster offers unique abilities that enable players to open up and safely explore new areas. Intelligent use of monsters is critical to solving puzzles and avoiding obstructions, traps and enemies. For example, players can travel underground as a plant monster or light up dark areas using a fire-based monster.
3. Building an arsenal of monsters. Kameo's powers grow through hunting and capturing a massive collection of monsters, but this is no easy task. Players join forces with sidekick Meepo and use stealth, quickness and puzzle-solving to capture these sneaky little creatures. They grow their monsters and expand their monster arsenal as they increase their ability to explore the world and defeat enemies and challenges.
4. Epic adventure across an immense world. Players of "Kameo: Elements of Power" explore a vast and magical world filled with lush environments, thriving wildlife, wondrous creatures, clever puzzles and big challenges. Gorgeous 3-D environments with sprawling hills, fertile valleys and daunting lairs cover 20 fantasy-style locations. Players can enter the dangerous Troll Castle and discover more than 30 areas to explore. As they journey through the expansive land, players will ultimately take part in three amazing boss encounters.
5. Wondrous fantasy world. As the story unfolds in storybook fashion, players are immersed in a magnificent kingdom of monsters and magic that is beautifully crafted to satiate the wildest imagination. The rich story line, spectacular use of monsters, and epic journey will completely and immediately connect players to a faraway land. Players can archive their adventure in the Wotnot, a magical archiving book featuring Ortho the Magician, by collecting monsters, more than 30 incidental creatures and tons of useful objects.
United Kingdom-based Rare Ltd., one of the world's leading video game developers, was founded in 1985 by Chris and Tim Stamper. Rare has been the mastermind behind some of the most popular video games in history, including such global multimillion sellers as "GoldenEye 007," "Perfect