Tom Ford has vowed to return to London Fashion Week after he announced his fall 2015 show would take place in Los Angeles instead.
Tom Ford will return to London Fashion Week.
The 53-year-old fashion designer - who recently announced he would show his fall 2015 collection on February 20 in Los Angeles instead of the English capital - insists the move isn't a permanent fixture and he will promptly be returning his designs to the catwalk across the pond.
U.S-born Tom confessed to WWD that he made the move to suit his schedule as London Fashion Week's dates coincide with next year's Academy Award ceremony - which is usually held at the Dolby Theatre in L.A.
He said: ''I love London, and I am not abandoning London Fashion Week.
''It's a onetime thing, it made sense for me, and I plan to be back in September.''
Tom - who will be kept busy up until the awards with red-carpet fittings for both male and female stars - explained that both London and New York Fashion week's dates had been brought forward incidentally causing a clash.
The designer also recently expressed his excitement at showing his collection in Los Angeles.
He said: ''I have loved LA since I first moved there from New York in the early 1980's.
''So many visuals in our world are filtered through Los Angeles including music, television and film and in this way it influences global fashion in a profound way. Like fashion, film is also a creative endeavor that is extremely important to me. I am excited to bring these two aspects of my life together by presenting the collection in Los Angeles.''
It's been seven years since designer Tom Ford made a splash with his award-winning writing-directing...
For a short time, Edward and Susan had a happy marriage, they lived in a...