The X Factor is reportedly in crisis as both judge Simon Cowell and host Dermot O'Leary are sick.
Auditions for the TV talent show kick off in Leicester on Friday (10Jun16), and it's due to be the first time the new-look judging panel - Simon, Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne and Nicole Scherzinger - poses up together.
However, bosses are said to be concerned that things aren't going to go according to plan, due to the illnesses sweeping the team, according to The Sun newspaper.
Dermot, who is returning to present the show after a one-year absence, has been laid up with severe food poisoning, with the ailment forcing him to miss Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards on Tuesday night (07Jun16).
"Dermot is a regular guest at the Glamour Awards so his absence proved how ill he is," a source told the publication. "He was supposed to be at the auditions but it’s touch and go whether he will be well enough."
Music mogul Simon, meanwhile, is on bed rest as he struggles to recover from the flu. The 56-year-old missed his Together For Short Lives charity ball last week (01Jun16) due to the illness, leaving girlfriend Lauren Silverman to attend alone.
However, the father-of-one is apparently determined to make it to the first day of The X Factor auditions.
"Simon is hopeful he can make it but is under the weather this week," the source added. "He’s resting up."
Former Pussycat Dolls star Nicole is returning to the panel of the ITV talent show for the 2016 series, after formerly appearing as a judge on the show in 2012 and 2014. Speaking to Good Morning Britain earlier this month (Jun16), Nicole admits she is looking forward to returning to the programme, and to London.
"I'm so excited. I miss England, I haven't been there in a while," she smiled. "It's my second home and I'm happy to be with Sharon and Louis, I haven't seen them for a while, and Simon of course."
Asked what fans can expect from her appearance on the show this year, Nicole replied: "I think we're just going to have a lot of fun this year."