The Cure - Listening Party Audio Streams
WHO NEEDS FLU SHOTS WHEN RHINO HAS THE CURE!
Highly Anticipated Cure Reissue Campaign Begins With Expanded, Remastered THREE IMAGINARY BOYS December 7
LOS ANGELES - Twenty-five years after The Cure began their global pop invasion with their debut disc, THREE IMAGINARY BOYS, Rhino Records gives the album its first-ever U.S. domestic release with a deluxe two-disc edition loaded with previously unreleased tracks. THREE IMAGINARY BOYS will be available December 7 at all retail outlets and at www.rhino.com for a suggested retail price of $18.98.
The album marks the kickoff to Rhino Records' revitalization of The Cure catalog. Each title will receive a sonic upgrade and be released as a deluxe double-disc set featuring the original album on one CD and numerous rarities on the other. In addition, each release will come with a 16-page booklet filled with photos and tour memorabilia from the personal archives of vocalist Robert Smith, as well as a track-by-track commentary and notes by U.K. music scribe Johnny Black.
The Cure - Listening Party Audio StreamsTrack /Title Watch/Listen Watch/Listen Download Real player Windows Media Media 1. The Cure - Listening Party Audio Streams - -
Cure fans have long clamored for THREE IMAGINARY BOYS, an energetic 1979 U.K. debut which features "10:15 Saturday Night," "Grinding Halt," "Fire In Cairo," and a quirky rendition of Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady." The band's debut U.S. album, Boys Don't Cry, featured many of the songs on THREE IMAGINARY BOYS along with singles like "Jumping Someone Else's Train" and "Boys Don't Cry." The Rhino reissue offers the original U.K. album with an added previously unreleased instrumental ("The Weedy Burton"), as well as a 20-track bonus disc which includes the additional tracks from Boys Don't Cry, previously unreleased studio and home demo versions, live renditions, and other curiosities. In total the package includes six previously unreleased songs, eight previously unreleased versions of songs, and 17 tracks never before available on CD.
Johnny Black's liner notes, which make use of extensive and exclusive
interviews with Robert Smith, provide fascinating insight into the making of this classic album. One interesting story tells how The Cure managed to get the album recorded with virtually no budget: they simply snuck into Morgan Studios at night once the Jam had finished their sessions, and, using the Jam's gear, recorded through the night till dawn.
It's been almost three decades since a 17-year-old Smith formed The Easy Cure in Crawley, England. Despite various lineup changes, The Cure have forged an ongoing career highlighted by an astonishing run of artistic and commercial successes, including chart-topping hit singles, gold and platinum records, countless awards, critical acclaim, and an international fan base that follows the band with religious fervor. They have secured their place in music history by shaping modern rock as we know it today.
THREE IMAGINARY BOYS
1. 10:15 Saturday Night
3. Grinding Halt
4. Another Day
6. Subway Song
7. Foxy Lady
9. So What
10. Fire In Cairo
11. It's Not You
12. Three Imaginary Boys
13. The Weedy Burton *
1. I Want To Be Old (SAV Studio Demo 10/77) *
2. I'm Cold (SAV Studio Demo 11/77) **
3. Heroin Face (Live In The Rocket 12/77)
4. I Just Need Myself (PSL Studio Demo 1/78) *
5. 10:15 Saturday Night (Home Demo 2/78) **
6. The Cocktail Party (Group Home Demo 3/78) *
7. Grinding Halt (Group Home Demo 4/78) **
8. Boys Don't Cry (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78)
9. It's Not You (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78) **
10. 10:15 Saturday Night (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78) **
11. Fire In Cairo (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78) **
12. Winter (THREE IMAGINARY BOYS Studio Out-Take Cassette 10/78) *
13. Faded Smiles (aka I Don't Know) (THREE IMAGINARY BOYS Studio Out-Take
Cassette 10/78) *
14. Play With Me (THREE IMAGINARY BOYS Studio Out-Take Cassette 10/78) *
15. World War (on early copies of BOYS DON'T CRY album 1979)
16. Boys Don't Cry (Single‹also on BOYS DON'T CRY album 1979)
17. Jumping Someone Else's Train (Single-also on BOYS DON'T CRY album 1979)
18. Subway Song (Live In Nottingham 10/79)
19. Accuracy (Live In Nottingham 10/79) **
20. 10:15 Saturday Night (Live In Nottingham 10/79) **
* Previously Unreleased Song / Instrumental
** Previously Unreleased Version
He'll be performing a new residency at an intimate theatre.
Queens of the Stone Age front man Josh Homme has described their new music as ''an experience''.
Vicky Cornell explains that they're planning to pay tribute with a sculpture.
It's their first foray into television.
Luc Besson has loved the Valerian story for many, many years.