Forsyth had been hoping to co-host the 'Strictly' Christmas special, but has been forced to withdraw as he's recovering from surgery.
The veteran presenter, 87, underwent an operation on an abdominal aortic aneurysm in mid-November, but his doctors have decided that the filming, due to start to next week, will come too soon for Forsyth “to have made a full recovery”.
The BBC released a statement on Thursday (December 3rd) saying that “Due to the long studio hours, he is unable to host the show, but will still play a part in the production.” The episode itself will be broadcast on Christmas Day on BBC One, and regular host Claudia Winkleman will be taking over Forsyth’s presenting duties for the short special episode.
Continue reading: Sir Bruce Forsyth Pulls Out Of 'Strictly' Christmas Special
The annual telethon has broken last year’s total of £32.6 million.
'Children in Need' raised a spectacular, record breaking total of £37 million last night, during the annual six-hour long telethon. The event was hosted by Tess Daly and Dermot O’Leary, who came in as a last minute replacement for veteran presenter Terry Wogan who was suffering from health issues.
Dermot O’Leary hosted ‘Children In Need’ alongside Tess Daly last night (November 13th).
It was the first time Wogan had missed a ‘Children In Need’ broadcast since its inception in 1980. “It’s been an absolute blast,” O’Leary said, “Thank you so, so much. To Terry, I hope you’re feeling better, I hope we get to enjoy a drop of the pure very soon and we’re all doing you justice here.”
Continue reading: BBC 'Children In Need' Raises Record Breaking £37 Million
He'll be reunited with Tess Daly for the special, which will see four cast members of 'Call The Midwife' competing.
Sir Bruce Forsyth is to make a one-off return to ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ for a special episode during ‘Children In Need’, which will feature the cast of fellow BBC family favourite ‘Call The Midwife’.
The fundraising evening of programming will see the 87 year old veteran reunited with his former ‘Strictly’ co-host Tess Daly, as stars such as Jenny Agutter, Laura Main, Jack Ashton and Stephen McGann compete for the Pudsey Glitter Ball trophy with professional partners Ian Waite, Joanne Clifton, Brendan Cole and Oti Mabuse.
Of course, there’s a cast member of ‘Call The Midwife’ currently competing in the main ‘Strictly’ competition this year, with Helen George impressing the judges with her moves, and the rest of the cast will be hoping to match her impressive performances.
It is claimed that professional Ola Jordan wanted the singer as her dancing partner
The sight of Peter Andre’s body parting waves on his now infamous Mysterious Girl soundtrack may have been almost 20 years ago but it seems there are some who still swoon over his saucy dance moves. It looks like one of these is Strictly Come Dancing professional Ola Jordan who, it has been claimed, was furious when the BBC One show didn’t match her with the suave singer.
Pete is a man in demand on his new show Strictly Come Dancing
The Mirror believes that the blonde dancer had a "massive meltdown" when she realised Andre wasn’t her guy and that she was instead with Olympic athlete Iwan Thomas.
Continue reading: Peter Andre Is A Wanted Man On The Strictly Dance Floor
'Strictly' returns to screens in September on BBC One.
The nights are starting to draw in, the football season has started, and now another reminder that autumn is nearly upon has arrived with the news of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’s first contestant.
BBC Radio 2 DJ and presenter Jeremy Vine is the first celebrity name to be confirmed for the ever-popular dance competition. The news was announced on Vine’s Radio 2 colleague Chris Evans’s breakfast show on Monday (August 10th). The 50 year old presenter, who is stand-up comedian Tim Vine’s brother, told Evans: “How could I say no to the biggest show in TV? Yes, yes, yes and yes again to the sequins and the Samba!”
Jeremy Vine is the first contestant to be confirmed for 'Strictly' 2015
Bruce Forsyth has had to cancel his appearance on 'Strictly' this weekend after being diagnosed with flu.
Bruce Forsyth has been forced to withdraw from the upcoming Saturday show of 'Strictly Come Dancing' after suffering from a nasty onset of the dreaded flu.
It's rare for the 85-year-old entertainer to miss a day of work with his last absence from a show being in 2009 - a good record for someone of his age. However, the BBC has revealed that he is once again simply too ill to present the dance contest this week.
"Sir Bruce Forsyth has the flu and therefore isn't feeling well enough to present tomorrow's Strictly Come Dancing on BBC One," read a statement from the BBC. Don't worry too much though as the TV company also added, "The show looks forward to his return next week." Meanwhile, his place alongside Tess Daly has been temporarily usurped by Claudia Winkleman, whose usual post is the Sunday night results show.