Steven Tyler is "doing splendidly" after falling in his hotel bathroom.

Paraguayan dentist Dr. Maria Bastos treated the Aerosmith singer after his accident on Tuesday (25.10.11) before a concert in Paraguay, which left him with cuts and two broken teeth.

The dentist told Monumental radio station that Steven, who fell after becoming dizzy due to gastrointestinal problems, was "friendly and humble" and "surprised me with his cheerfulness."

Dr. Bastos gave the 63-year-old musician - who had to pull out of the gig in on Tuesday night, which was rescheduled for Wednesday - two dental implants during emergency treatment to his teeth.

Steven's manager Eric Sherman has blamed his injuries on food poisoning.

He told People magazine: "Steven Tyler suffered minor injuries as a result of food poisoning. He was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released.

"Steven would like to sincerely apologise to his fans in Paraguay for the inconvenience and hopes to see them all [Wednesday] night."