Stephen Belafonte insists he ''did not hit'' Mel B.

The 39-year-old film producer, whose seven-year marriage to the 'X Factor' judge is said to be on ''life support'' following a string of explosive arguments, believes rumours surrounding their relationship status will be ''gone in a second.''

He said: ''You'll see all the legal letters going out tomorrow. Everybody's been contacted by Mel's representative, all the papers, that said: 'I did not hit her, this isn't going on, that's not going on.' ''

Addressing allegations he abused the former Spice Girls star, who is still recovering after being hospitalised with crippling stomach pains last Thursday (11.12.14), he also told MailOnline: ''Who accused me of it, did she accuse me of it, the police, the hospital, who accused me of it? I thought when you beat someone up the police or the hospital or the person you beat up says it.

''No one has accused me of anything.''

Stephen, who was charged with beating former girlfriend Nicole Contreras in 2007, also insists he isn't worried about his reputation, as it's ''not the first time'' he's been accused of being violent.

He said: ''You can only re-mix ten things, ten ways, so many times.''

Mel, 39, missed the 'X Factor' final in the UK last Saturday night (13.12.14) due to a mystery illness and sparked concern when viewers noticed bruises and scratches on her body when she returned to the show on Sunday night (14.12.14).

Stephen refused to comment when asked whether their marriage is over, but confirmed he is currently in San Diego.

He said: ''I already said that on my Twitter.''

A source previously claimed he never visited his wife in hospital and jetted back to California before she was discharged.