Sharon Osbourne was left stranded in Mexico last week after she forgot her passport.

The 'X Factor UK' judge was forced to miss her husband Ozzy Osbourne's show in the city on Friday (04.05.18) night after she flew in on a private jet with the 69-year-old rocker and his entourage, but was refused entry through customs because she had accidentally left the important travel document back at home in the US.

Taking to Instagram, Sharon uploaded a black-and-white photograph of Ozzy on board and said: ''Ozzy on his way to Mexico and performing in front of 80,000 people and I had to miss the whole thing as I forgot my passport at home in the U.S. ‬(sic)''

The 65-year-old host then explained the mishap and how she was kept in an immigration office for hours on end during her show 'The Talk' on Tuesday (08.05.18).

She recalled: ''I was on that plane, and we landed in Mexico City at like twenty to six in the evening on Friday and I realised I had forgotten my passport.

''So the first thing you think of is, 'Oh. If I sit here, I can get somebody to bring me my passport. I'll sit here for five hours. We're in the airport, and then I can go through immigration. Well, no. I couldn't. Ozzy had a show to get to and all of the guys were going to the show, he had to leave me. And so I'm there with the pilot, and then, we were saying, 'Somebody will come with the passport.' They said, 'No you can't. It doesn't work that way. You have to leave the country.'

''But you can't get on a plane without your passport! This was a private plane, but if you want to go on a commercial airline, you need your passport to get back to America, so the airlines wouldn't take me. So I'm stuck.''

However, Sharon's day went from bad to worse as officials finally agreed to let her fly back on her private jet when the airport shut and she was kept on the runway.

She explained: ''So then we said, 'Okay. This plane will take me home. Fine. So they refilled the plane and the authorities there were saying, 'Fine. You can just leave. Fill the plane and go.' Well they knew that the airport was going to close, and so they closed the airport, and I was sat on the runway in the plane.

''I was sat there from twenty to six until 10:30 the next morning because they kept saying, 'You can leave. You can leave. The airport opens at 6:00, 6:30, so then you can leave.' Well no. I couldn't leave. They still said, 'You can't leave. We've got paperwork to do on you.' 'Okay. Alright.' ''

Sharon eventually touched down in Los Angeles on Saturday (05.05.18) afternoon.