Former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren has pulled out of the new series of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! just as filming was due to begin.
The reason for McLaren's withdrawal has not yet been confirmed.
When asked to confirm if McLaren had left the jungle, a spokeswoman for the ITV1 show said: "He didn't even go in.
"He flew 5,000 miles to take part but on the day they were due to go into the jungle he changed his mind," the spokeswoman told the BBC.
ITV unveiled the ten celebrities bidding to be crowned king or queen of the jungle on Friday, with punk impresario McLaren and former Catatonia singer Cerys Matthews heading the list.
Also heading to the Australian jungle are Ex-EastEnders actor Marc Bannerman and Jason 'J' Brown of boyband 5IVE fame; alongside US supermodel Janice Dickinson and PR guru Lynne Franks.
And I'm a Celebrity fans who enjoyed Myleene Klass' bikini-wearing shower scenes in last year's show will be pleased to see Hollyoaks babe Gemma Atkinson on the contestant roster.
Completing the list are restaurateur John Burton Race, ex-Manchester City footballer-turned-pundit Rodney Marsh and Changing Rooms' interior designer Anna Ryder Richardson.
I'm a Celebrity executive prouder Richard Cowles warns this year's contestants that the show's bush tucker trials will be the "worst yet".
"This is the seventh series of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! and, once again, we are raising the stakes," he claimed.
"We have a great cast in place but they have little idea of what they have let themselves in for.
"The challenge is above and beyond anything faced by their predecessors. This year's trials are the most terrifying yet and the surprises will come thick and fast and from the moment their journey begins."
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! begins on ITV1 on Monday, with Ant and Dec once again picking up the main presenting duties.