The Brown Sugar band made a staggering $99.5 million (GBP55.3 million) in 2003.
In second place came ex-BEATLE McCartney, who earned $72 million (GBP40 million) last year (03), while SIR ELTON JOHN netted $61.2 million (GBP34 million) to come third, according to British magazine HEAT.
FEEL singer Williams came fourth in the list with earnings of $54 million (GBP30 million), while rockers Coldplay took fifth place with $42.3 million (GBP23.5 million).
The only woman in the top 20 is Dido who netted $28.4 million (GBP15.8 million).
The top 10 British earners are as follows:
2. SIR PAUL McCARTNEY - $72 million (GBP40 million)
3. SIR ELTON JOHN - $61.2 million (GBP34 million)
4. ROBBIE WILLIAMS - $54 million (GBP30 million)
5. COLDPLAY - $42.3 million (GBP23.5 million)
6. STING - $45.3 million (GBP25.14 million)
7. PHIL COLLINS - $45.2 (GBP25.12 million)
8. FLEETWOOD MAC - $42.3 million (GBP23.5 million)
9. IRON MAIDEN - $32.2 million (GBP17.9 million)
10. DIDO - $28.4 million (GBP15.8 million) (GS/WNE/IG)
10. DIDO - $28.4 million (GBP15.8 million)20/02/2004 19:32
In 1995 The Rolling Stones released an album called Stripped. It featured a number of...
The Rolling Stones may not have released an album for eight years, but they are...
Watching the Rolling Stones' home movies while they reminisce on the soundtrack is thoroughly entertaining,...
Shine A Light Trailer On Thursday 7 February 2008, the curtain rose for the 58th...