THE Rolling Stones have been named the music industry's biggest earners of 2006, according to a new list published by Forbes magazine.
The SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL rockers raked in a staggering $150.6 million (GBP79.2 million) thanks to their sell out Bigger Bang tour.
Husband-and-wife country stars Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill came in second with $132 million (GBP69.5 million), with Rascal Flatts' $110.5 million (GBP58.2 million) claiming third spot.
Madonna and Barbra Streisand round out the top five with respective earnings of $96.8 million (GBP50.9 million) and $95.8 million (GBP50.4 million).
The full top 10 is:
1. THE ROLLING STONES - $150.6 million (GBP79.2 million)
2. TIM MCGRAW and FAITH HILL - $132 million (GBP69.5 million)
3. RASCAL FLATTS - $110.5 million (GBP58.2 million)
4. MADONNA - $96.8 million (GBP50.9 million)
5. BARBRA STREISAND - $95.8 million (GBP50.4 million)
6. Kenny Chesney - $90.1 million (GBP47.4 million)
7. Celine Dion - $85.2 million (GBP44.8 million)
8. Bon Jovi - $77.5 million (GBP40.8 million)
9. Nickelback - $74.1 million (GBP39 million)
10. Dave Matthews Band - $60.4 million (GBP31.8 million).
In 1995 The Rolling Stones released an album called Stripped. It featured a number of...
The Rolling Stones may not have released an album for eight years, but they are...
Watching the Rolling Stones' home movies while they reminisce on the soundtrack is thoroughly entertaining,...
Shine A Light Trailer On Thursday 7 February 2008, the curtain rose for the 58th...