Veteran rockers THE Rolling Stones have been named the top earning music act of 2007.
The band made $88 million (GBP44 million) between June 2006 and June this year (07), largely from their Bigger Bang tour which grossed $437million (GBP218.5 million).
Rapper Jay-Z came second on the list by U.S magazine Forbes, with a total income of $83 million (GBP41.5 million).
Pop superstar Madonna ranked third with total earnings of $72 million (GBP36 million).
The top ten is as follows:
1. The Rolling Stones - $88 million (GBP44 million)
2. Jay-Z - $83 million (GBP41.5 million)
3. Madonna - $72 million (GBP36 million)
4. Bon Jovi - $67 million (GBP33.5 million)
5. Sir Elton John - GBP53 million (GBP26.5 million)
6. Celine Dion - $45 million (GBP22.5 million)
7. Tim MCGraw - $37 million (GBP18.5 million)
8. 50 Cent - $33 million (GBP16.5 million)
9. U2 - $30 million (GBP15 million)
10. P Diddy - $23 million (GBP11.5 million)
In 1995 The Rolling Stones released an album called Stripped. It featured a number of...
The Rolling Stones may not have released an album for eight years, but they are...
Watching the Rolling Stones' home movies while they reminisce on the soundtrack is thoroughly entertaining,...
Shine A Light Trailer On Thursday 7 February 2008, the curtain rose for the 58th...