Robbie Williams has reportedly quit Take That as he breaks away for the second time to focus on his own solo career, including a reunion with former collaborator Guy Chambers.
Robbie Williams has reportedly quit Take That for a second time.
The 'Candy' hitmaker originally left the boy band in 1995 before reuniting with the group in 2009 - but it is said he is once again ready to focus on his solo career.
An insider told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: ''Robbie feels rejuvenated about his solo career. He feels on top of his game right now and wants to continue his solo success.''
The singer looks set to rekindle his working relationship with former collaborator Guy Chambers and a new record of original songs and covers is expected early next year.
The source added: ''Robbie's been back in the studio with Guy Chambers, who co-wrote most of his biggest hits - including 'Angels'.
''Ideally he'd love to do the Take That record and his swing album but that's just not possible - not when he's wanting to take time off to be a dad too.''
Robbie's partner Ayda Field gave birth to the couple's first daughter Theodora Rose, 10 months, late last year but he is also keen to tour more after he ''really loved'' his latest experience with his 'Take the Crown' stadium tour.
The insider said: ''Robbie didn't want to commit to too many dates at first as he's struggled with touring in the past.
''But he has really loved it this time around and doesn't want the whole thing to end.''
Take a look back at October's inaugural event.
The film is expected to continue without Mendes' involvement.