Arcade rally racing gets fast and furious in the newest addition to the EA SPORTS BIG line-up.
Powerslide to win the ultimate offroad car collection with Shox for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system! Shipping in Autumn 2002, racing rookies as well as seasoned speed demons hit the circuit to compete in amped-up arcade-style car racing.
Sliding into one of 24 licensed high voltage vehicles, players race through three-lap circuits of snow, desert, or jungle landscapes. Sliding through dusty roads, slipping on ice, and shredding through foliage, it's crowded on the open road, as 6 competing cars try to muscle into prime position, wreaking havoc along the way.
Within each circuit, particularly critical stretches place players into "Shox Zones". Time seems to stop as cars catch air and all sounds come to a standstill in one-eye-closed anticipation of the outcome: hitting the earth in high-speed glory or ending in an ugly multi-car pileup.
The Shox Zones are scored individually, with Bronze, Silver, and Gold placements earning bonus points to the final tallies.
In the Gambling mode, players can try to beat opponents putting their own cars up as collateral, to create the ultimate off road vehicle collection! In a split-screen multi-player mayhem mode, prove that friends are the best enemies, as up to 4 players can compete for top rankings.
Featuring arcade-style acceleration and tire-shredding terrain, rev up for fast and furious competition with Shox!
1. Race with the real thing: test the treads of 24 cars licensed from famous makes like Audi, BMW, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Lancia, Ford, and Citroen. Unlock new cars through notching wins or putting one of your own on the line for a winner takes all gamble.
2. Accelerate through three themed environments including Arctic Tundra, Arid Desert, and Asian Jungle. Each of the three worlds is divided into seven tracks built from multiple overlapping sections, so there's always new circuits to master.
3. Speed is the name of the game, as key "Shox Zone" segments are tallied individually to win Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
4. Win and lose points based on speed, cornering, air, collisions, and race wins. Use these points to unlock new game elements in a never-ending quest for the perfect offroad car collection, new tracks, and new challenges.
5. Multi-layered over the top audio elements add larger than life excitement as tires squeal, breaks grind, and engines rev.
6. Wager with opponents in a high stakes duel to win their car.
7. Up to 4 players can compete in a multiplayer split-screen mode.
8. Review the highlights of the each race in the high energy replays and relive the rush!