Beat ‘em Up
Suggested Retail Price:
UK Street Date:
Xbox – 26 th November 2004
PS2 – 10 th December 2004
“Rule Seven – Fights go on as long as they have to…” In the underground world of Fight Club, the fight isn't over until someone goes limp, taps out, or is beaten to a pulp… Immerse yourself in this gritty visceral world of fighting by playing as one of the many characters from the Fight Club movie. The extreme realism of the game will make you feel every punch and kick by delivering shocking visuals of broken bones, blood stained ripped clothes and real-time facial deformation in fully interactive environments familiar from the movie scenes. A no-holds-barred realistic fighter, the game will portray the brutality of street fighting while encompassing the artistic style, settings, storyline and characters from the movie with an extremely realistic fighting system and jaw-dropping special effects. With 3 different fighting styles and intuitive controls, the game will create a deeply rewarding yet challenging and unique experience for fighting fans of all levels.
Key Product Features:
• Real-time Special Effects:
- Real-time facial and skeletal deformation that affects gameplay.
- True limb and bone breaking with unique camera angles and x-ray effects that will affect users gameplay.
- Dramatic weather and Day/Night time effects
• Multiple fighting styles:
- 3 Unique Fighting styles (Martial Arts, Wrestling and Street boxing)
- A wide range of combos, counters, finishing and desperation moves
- Tap Out feature to preserve your character
- Hundreds of moves
• Unique playable characters
- 10 primary and 4 hidden characters from the film
• Create your own fighter to play in all game modes and online
- Player can also upgrade their characters with points.
• Environmental interaction:
- 17 arenas (based on and inspired by the movie)
- Almost every object seen in the game is destructible (windows, cars, walls, doors, dumpsters)
- Real-time level transition with no load times, seamlessly transition between arenas while fighting
• Variety of modes:
- Arcade, versus, survival, training, story and online modes
• Online Play for Xbox and Playstation 2
- Online, Stats and tracking, betting , Voice over IP and Hardcore and Normal play mode
• In addition to the features listed above the Xbox version has:
- Normal mapped Characters
- Downloadable content in the form of music packs
- Xbox version supports extended Video Modes: 480i, 480p, 480i -widescreen (16X9) and 480p -widescreen (16X9)
Fight Club Xbox Live Features
2 players head to head fight match
• Normal mode – This is an arcade-like mode where 2 players can fight as much as they like without worrying about their characters dying. This is the quickest way to fight someone online.
• Hard Core mode – In this mode, players must worry about their “Player Created Character” (PCC) dying. The reason for this is when a character dies, it gets deleted off of the Microsoft Server. Players can save their characters if they tap out before their health bar reaches zero.
• Match Search of the features is (Match Search), which is the quickest way to find anyone that is ready to fight right away. This feature selects the best optimum conditions (check for the lowest ping) between 2 players. This feature works for both the Soft Core and Hard Core modes of play.
• Search – allows players to search for opponents based on specific criteria.
• Betting. Players can bet against each other to gain more CDPs than the usual ones awarded. These can be used to increase their character attributes.
Power of the Brand
1996 Chuck Palahniuk’s novel “Fight Club”
1999 “Fight Club” Theatrical Release
2000 “Fight Club” VHS
2002 “Fight Club” DVD with bonus content
2004 “Fight Club” game
- Nominated for the Best Sound Effects and Best Editing Oscar
- Fight Club has been critically acclaimed and rated as one of the 50 best movie ever (source IMdB)
• Worldwide Sales:
- Box Office: $105M – 15 million tickets sold
- VHS: 2 million units
- DVD: 4.5 million units