Party girl Paris Hilton has another reason to celebrate on Thursday (17Feb11) - the socialite turns 30!
The bubbly blonde was born into the famous family in 1981 and has turned heads since she was old enough to walk the red carpet.
Model, actress, singer, author, fashion designer and entrepreneur, Hilton has tried more things in her 30 years than most people could cram into a lifetime.
To help Paris and her fans celebrate her big day, WENN has compiled 10 fascinating facts about the star:
- She attended the same New York convent school as Lady Gaga.
- Hilton's had a colourful love life - she has previously been engaged to model Jason Shaw and Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis and dated singer Nick Carter, Good Charlotte guitarist Benji Madden and The Hills star Doug Reinhardt. She's currently in a relationship with nightclub owner Cy Waits, who bought her a yellow Lexus as a 30th birthday gift.
- The star was honoured in 2009 for her love of animals - she was awarded a Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Contribution to Animal Welfare after she gave a generous donation to the Humane Society. Hilton owns several pets, including many Chihuahuas.
- She turned down the chance to take to the stage in a production of Chicago on London's West End - because the play's gruelling rehearsals didn't fit in with her busy globetrotting schedule.
- Hilton served 23 days of a 45-day jail sentence in June 2007 for violating probation on a 2006 drink-driving charge.
- The blonde beauty has appeared in several films - her role in House of Wax won her the 2005 Razzie for Worst Supporting Actress at the 2005 Golden Raspberry Awards.
- Her debut single, Stars Are Blind, topped the U.S. Hot Dance Club Songs chart in 2006. It also reached number one in Hungary and Slovakia.
- She showed off her comedy skills in 2008 by filming a 'Paris For President' spoof campaign ad for Will Ferrell's FunnyorDie.com website.
- In 2007 Hilton posed covered only in gold paint to promote Rich Prosecco, a canned version of an Italian sparkling wine.
- Paris will appear on The Late Show with David Letterman on her birthday.
At last count, summer 2005 has approximately 2,005 remakes on the slate, from a re-imagined...
"The fashion industry has been behind every major assassination in the last 200 years," says...