has now given the console a completely new ultra stylish design to appeal to the most style conscious consumers of handheld technology worldwide.
The Game Boy Advance SP is a truly pocket-sized gadget, at only 84.6mm from front to back, 82mm wide, and an incredibly svelte 24.3mm thin. Nintendo has introduced further innovations to suit its new image, including a flip-top screen with an integrated front screen light, plus a rechargeable lithium battery similar to those found in mobile phones, offering gamers over 10 hours of continuous illuminated game-play. When the front light is turned off, the continual play increases to approximately 18 hours.
The console will be available in 3 premium metallic finishes, silver, black and blue, and the Game Boy Advance SP has the same powerful capabilities which have propelled the success of Game Boy Advance across Europe.
All current and future Game Boy Advance games are compatible with the new system. And similarly, Game Boy Advance SP is backwards compatible, allowing use with virtually all games and accessories previously released in the Game Boy line. In 2003 there will be over 60 new games hitting the shelves including Formula One, and Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc from Ubi Soft, and Super Monkey Ball jr from Infogrames, all of which will find a perfect home on the Game Boy Advance SP.
David Gosen, Managing Director, Nintendo of Europe stated, "With the launch of Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo will be able to place their gaming expertise into the hands of new users who value outstanding design as highly as technology. There's an incredible range of games already available, and an ever-increasing number designed for players who may not have held a console since the days of Tetris. Following the incredible success of the Game Boy Advance, this is a very exciting time for Nintendo and an exceptional start to 2003."
Technical specifications for the SP:
1. New pocket size and foldable with flip-top screen that enables an even more compact size
2. Dimension are 82mm Wx 84.6H x 24.3D and it weighs approximately 143g
3. New integrated self-contained LCD screen light
4. New built in rechargeable Lithium Ion battery that enables approximately 10 hours of continual game play with approximately 3 hours of recharging time
5. When the front light is turned off, the continual play increases to approximately 18 hours.
6. Three premium metallic colour variants (silver, black and blue)
7. Up to 32,000 simultaneous colours
8. Display Size 40.8mm x 61.2mm
9. Resolution 240 x 160 dot
10. 32 - bit CPU with embedded memory
11. Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players with Game Link cable
12. Compatible with virtually all existing Game Boy & Game Boy Advance games
Game Boy Advance SP will be available across Europe from March 28th 2003, priced at around €129 - €139.