Dragon's Lair 3D is an entirely new, built-from-the-ground-up, three-dimensional version of the highly successful 1980's coin-op phenomenon.
While it stays true to the design and storyline of the arcade game, it offers a 3D experience unlike anything else Dragon's Lair fans have played before. Princess Daphne has been kidnapped by the evil dragon Singe and hidden in a medieval castle owned by Mordroc, a powerful and malevolent wizard. To save her, players take on the persona of Dirk the Daring, a goofy but courageous knight. As he advances through the castle with the help of a magical amulet, Dirk must overcome a slew of challenges, from jumping over flaming pits and climbing ropes to flying across chasms and battling swarms of the wizard's minions. Gamers must use cat-quick reflexes, cunning and resourcefulness to solve puzzles, defeat a variety of enemies, and fight their way through the castle to find Daphne and save the kingdom from Mordroc's clutches.
1. True control over Dirk, who alone has more than 150 animation sequences
2. 43 areas within the castle to explore - for the first time, in 3D
3. More than 250 rooms to explore, many of them brand new
4. Close to 40 different characters, from Cyclops Worms and the Grim Reaper to the Fire Goon Warriors
5. Over a dozen new characters, including the Lightning Drake
6. Realistic and amazingly fluid animation with a unique animated cel look
7. Power-ups, hidden secrets and special unlocks
8. Brand-new intro and ending movies, evoking the look of the original arcade game, hand animated by Don Bluth
9. 60 original music scores
10. Dolby Surround Sound (Prologic)