Veteran British Dj Dave Lee Travis has told of his disappointment as he faces a retrial on sex abuse charges, branding the case a "nightmare".
The former BBC Radio stalwart was told by officials on Monday (24Feb14) that he will be tried again on charges of indecent assault and sexual assault after a jury failed to reach a verdict earlier this month (Feb 14).
He was cleared of 12 charges relating to alleged sex attacks on women as young as 17 dating back to the 1970s but the jury was split over a further count of indecent assault and one of sexual assault, which stems from an alleged incident in 2008.
Speaking after the announcement, Lee Travis, 68, says, "I told you that I had been through 18 months of a nightmare and apparently I was wrong, because the nightmare is now going to go on. All I can say is that this whole thing started when I was 67 and I am just hoping that it's going to end by the time I am 80."
The Dj is due back in court in London next month (Mar14).