Country star Miranda Lambert is getting ready to wed again, but her new engagement will be at least two decades long.
The Mama's Broken Heart singer announced during a concert in New Jersey on Saturday night (20Aug16) that a young fan named Sebastian had proposed to her backstage - and she said yes.
"I got engaged today!" Miranda, 32, told the audience at East Rutherford’s MetLife Stadium, where she was opening for Kenny Chesney. "There’s a little six-year-old boy here named Sebastian. He asked me to marry him. I said yes - in 25 years."
The singer then showed off a pink ring on her finger, adding, "Look at this beautiful ring! He got on one knee. He was such a gentleman. It may be my favourite proposal ever."
Lambert shared the news with all her fans on Sunday (21Aug16), posting photos of herself with little Sebastian on Instagram.
She added the caption: "I said YES! But he has to wait 25 years. This sweet boy Sebastian is a little gentleman."
It's not the first time Miranda has agreed to be someone's wife - she accepted Blake Shelton's proposal and the two country stars were married in May, 2011. The couple ended its marriage last year (15). Blake is now dating Gwen Stefani, while Miranda has moved on to a new romance with another music star, Anderson East.
Recent reports suggested Shelton was planning to wed Gwen after the couple met as judges on TV talent show The Voice last year (15), and sources told RadarOnline he was in talks with bosses at the programme, who want him to announce his engagement to Stefani on the show, when it returns to TV next month (Sep16).
Insiders told GossipCop the tale is ridiculous, and a representative for Stefani insists the report is "made up", while Shelton's spokesperson calls it "nonsense".
Gwen previously played down speculation she and Blake are secretly engaged during a radio interview on 94.7 Fresh FM's The Tommy Show in June (16).
"Let's just take it one day at a time," she shrugged when asked about the claims. "Everything's crazy right now so no, absolutely not."