The 1983 horror video - in which the superstar morphs into a werewolf and a zombie - scored more votes than rock group Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, in fourth, and Madonna's controversial LIKE A PRAYER, in fifth, to top the poll of viewers of British TV network CHANNEL 4.
Directed by An American Werewolf in London film-maker John Landis, Jackson's popular promo was released as a short film and helped his album of the same name to sell more than 60 million copies worldwide.
The greatest pop videos of all-time are:
1. MICHAEL JACKSON - THRILLER
2. PETER GABRIEL - SLEDGEHAMMER
3. A-HA - TAKE ON ME
4. QUEEN - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
5. MADONNA - LIKE A PRAYER
6. ROBBIE WILLIAMS - ROCK DJ
7. MICHAEL JACKSON - BILLIE JEAN
8. THE VERVE - BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY
9. MADONNA - VOGUE
10. NIRVANA - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT.08/02/2005 17:46