LATEST: Late movie legend Marlon Brando's son MIKO has been implicated in Michael Jackson's alleged plot to abduct the teenage boy who accused him of molestation, a California court has heard.

Prosecutors claimed on Friday (05NOV04) that 44-year-old Miko - who works as a security guard for the troubled singer - had received a $20,000 (GBP11,100) cash payment from Jackson in December 2003.

Prosecutor RONALD ZONEN said a record of the alleged petty cash transaction had been found in documents during a raid at the home of the THRILLER hitmaker's personal assistant.

Zonen said, "Evidence of the movement of cash is consistent with count one of the indictment."

On Friday, the prosecutor and Jackson's lawyer debated the superstar's first count of his 10-count criminal indictment, that he and others conspired to abduct, falsely imprison and extort.

Jackson's lawyer ROBERT SANGER argued the jury should not look at the singer's financial record and the transaction was not evidence linked to the case.

Sanger said, "There is nothing unusual with someone like Michael Jackson, with such a large operation like Neverland, to have $20,000 in cash delivered to them for the purpose of running their daily affairs."

Judge Rodney Melville will decide at a later date which items can be used as evidence in the trial.

Jackson was arrested in November 2003 and has pleaded not guilty to charges of committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion.

The next scheduled hearing is expected to begin on 22 November (04).

08/11/2004 17:35