Actress Malin Akerman has used a portion of her hard-earned cash to help her hairstylist buy a home in Los Angeles.

The generous Watchmen star offered to provide her pal Maranda Widlund and her husband some financial aid so they could purchase the two-bedroom bungalow in Los Feliz.

They accepted and according to, Akerman now owns a 27 per cent interest in the $811,000 (£506,875) pad, meaning she handed the Widlunds a cheque for $218,970 (£136,856). The couple will own the remaining 73 per cent of the property and will be responsible for mortgage payments.