Emergency services were called to Christ Church Hall at Oxford University in England after a hot plate sparked a blaze, which took firefighters an hour to extinguish, reports Entertainment Weekly.

According to the student newspaper Cherwell, no one was injured in the incident and the damage was only minor.

Christ Church Steward Pauline Linieres-Hartley reportedly sent out an email to students notifying them of the fire, blaming it on an "electrical fault in a hot cupboard".

She added, "Thanks to the quick reaction of staff... the Hall was quickly evacuated, the fire brigade called, the fire alarm sounded and the fire contained."

The location was used extensively to shoot scenes at Hogwarts throughout the Potter movie series, which was based on the hugely popular books by author J.K. Rowling.