Veteran Singer Grace Jones Almost Died At The Age Of Three After Drinking Kerosene.
The provocative pop star confessed she was rushed to hospital when she was toddler because she ingested the oil thinking it was water.
Recalling her earliest memory to Britain's Event magazine, she says, "Drinking kerosene when I was three. It was hidden under the bed and I thought it was water. I had to be taken to hospital to have my stomach pumped. I almost died."
She reveals she almost had another near-miss in the 1990s when she had a boating accident, adding, "I was hit by a boat about 25 years ago. I was water-skiing when a boat ploughed into me. Fortunately, the boat hit my arm rather than my head, though the shock of the impact gave me lockjaw."
Jones, 67, discusses the incidents in her autobiography I'll Never Write My Memoirs.