Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle feels "lucky" to be alive after her family became dangerously ill due to an ongoing gas leak at her Los Angeles mansion.
The Northern Irish beauty lives in L.A. with her close relatives and fiance Jason Bell, but they were all struck down with a mystery illness shortly after moving in.
A gas expert was called out to check for leaks after Coyle's sister became extremely poorly - and it was discovered a central heating boiler had been spewing out toxic carbon monoxide for four months.
A tragedy was only averted because Coyle's mansion had good ventilation.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "Everyone could have died. We're lucky still to be here. My mouth erupted in blisters. I couldn't sleep or eat or think straight.
"Everyone got really drowsy and we kept having to go to sleep. We all felt like we had really bad flu. My older sister got so ill we thought she was dying.
"It was the worst time of my life, being ill while looking at everyone I cared about getting sick as well. It turned out the boiler was cracked all the way up. Everyone was shocked when we found out because it's so serious."