Prey PC Preview Published by 2K Games
Published by 2K Games
Prey is a revolutionary new first-person sci-fi game that PC Zone are calling, "The shooter event of the year!"
Tommy is a Cherokee garage mechanic stuck on a reservation going nowhere. But his life changes when an otherworldly crisis forces him to awaken spiritual powers from his long-forgotten birthright. Abducted along with his people to a menacing mothership orbiting Earth, he sets out to save himself and his girlfriend and eventually his planet.
Enter an unpredictable world where nothing can be taken for granted. The serious, dark story is based on authentic Cherokee mythology. Themes of sacrifice, love and responsibility are explored as the tale dives into emotional territory not yet explored by similar games. Also, most of the game takes place within a living ship, a giant entity that can sense and react to Tommy's presence!
- Built on an enhanced Doom 3 engine, the most impressive 3D engine used in a released game.
- Portal technology adds a new dimension to gameplay, allowing enemies to appear out of thin air and create new and completely original puzzles and gameplay styles
- Several never-before-seen gameplay elements such as Spirit Walking, Wall Walking, and Deathwalk
- Highly organic, living environment that itself can attack Tommy
- A deep, emotional story of love and sacrifice
- Tommy has a sidekick, a spiritual hawk that can help him fight enemies and decipher the alien language of the living ship
- Multiplayer game support that takes advantage of the unique gameplay styles in Prey
Published by 2K Games, Developed by Human Head Studios, Inc and Presented by 3D Realms
Prey is released July 2006 on PC and Xbox360. You can download the demo and play the game now at www.prey.com