| NARC is an all-new remake of the 1988 cult arcade classic of the same name, which was the first action/shooter videogame to put players in the middle of the war on drugs. NARC makes a bold statement as a gritty crime drama that offers an intense and thought-provoking view into the seedy world of the war on drugs. Playing as dual characters in the elite NARC squad, Jack Forzenski and Marcus Hill, consumers have a seemingly simple choice; they can walk the line or they can cross it. |
Assuming the video game personas of Jack Forzenski and Marcus Hill, are Michael Madsen (Kill Bill Vol.2, Reservoir Dogs) and Bill Bellamy (Any Given Sunday, Fastlane), two stars well-versed in the
| interactive entertainment field. Rounding out the ensemble are Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Blade II,) who plays the corrupt Captain Ed Kowalski, and Michael Wincott (The Crow), who gives life to the drug kingpin, Mr. Big. |
Eight Rockland police officers are slain by a drug dealer tripping on an unknown substance, during a routine traffic violation turned bloodbath. The DEA sends Dt. Marcus Hill to help in the investigation. Marcus was once part of Rockland’s police force, until two years ago when his partner Jack Forzenski was kicked off the force. Unable to reconcile his deteriorating relationship with Jack, Marcus left for the greener pastures of the DEA. Now he must again work with his old partner (who’s back on the force), and Captain Ed Kowalski, his former boss. Together, they investigate the new mystery drug, untangling a web of lies, betrayals, secrets, and temptations.
• Non-stop, Action-packed Drug-busting Mayhem. As Jack Forzenski and Marcus Hill players must rid the world of the K.R.A.K. organization’s drug-infested corruption!
• Good or Bad You Decide. Play it straight or follow the crooked path, players’ choices and decisions will determine if they are a good or bad cop. Turn the drugs into evidence and become the hero, but keep and sell them on the street and turn into a crooked cop with cash to burn.
• It’s Addictive. Use drugs and get that extra edge, but be careful, a full blown drug addiction can bring a police career to quick and bitter end.
• Busting Criminals. Unique to NARC, busting criminals is the best way for players to increase their score and is critical to solving mission objectives.
• Bring the Battle to the Street. Wield an arsenal of hi-tech police weaponry in an all out assault on crime or engage in rough, authentic street-fighting with big wild punches, head-butts, knee strikes, grappling and throwing.
• Ambient Crime. The world of NARC is crime-ridden with drug deals, vandalism, bag snatching, smash and grabs and muggings.
• Arcade Heritage. Inspired by the Midway arcade hit released in 1988, Midway brings back the infamous NARC squad to battle the evil K.R.A.K. organization.
NARC is an in-depth, 3rd-person action/shooter video game set against a stylized modern-day backdrop of the War on Drugs. Playing as dual characters, Jack Forzenski and Marcus Hill, in the elite NARC squad, players must rid the world of the powerful international K.R.A.K. drug cartel. Using deadly firepower and police authority players will make the choice to play it straight or use and abuse narcotics to get that extra edge and quick cash. Players decide whether to play as a good or bad cop as they face the mean streets and criminal underworld that rules it.
Platform: Sony PlayStation®2, Microsoft Xbox®
Genre: 3rd person action/shooter