F1 2002 will be the first Formula One game to feature the new 2002 season.
Officially licensed by Formula One Administration Limited, it features real drivers, teams, cars and tracks from the 2002 FIA Formula One World Championship and it will be available at the start of the brand new season allowing the true Formula One aficionado the opportunity to play along as the real life drama unfolds.
The annual Formula One World Championship intoxicates a worldwide audience of billions, with its cocktail of speed, excitement, glamour and rivalry. With the super powers of world racing lining up on the grid, the race for the 2002 title is set to be hotly contended. EA SPORTS F1 2002 brings this world to life and delivers it to the racing fan with the most technically advanced and visually stunning Formula One experience ever.
1. The first game to include the 2002 FIA Formula One World Championship The first chance to compete for the 2002 Formula One Crown including the new teams - Toyota and Renault.
PlayStation 2 specific features
2. EA SPORTS Cards Compete for, unlock and collect Formula One team specific EA SPORTS cards to win unique rewards and access new game modes.
3. 11 All New Challenges Building on the critically acclaimed Challenge Mode from F1 2001 you are now set multi car challenges where you must compete against the star drivers from the Formula One grid
4. Team Duel - Enter into a head to head battle and test your driver skills against an opponent in an equally competitive machine.
5. New Game Dynamics Use the all new Slingshot Bar to slipstream opponents to pull off hi-intensity overtaking maneuvers.
6. Unique Team Characteristics Feel the handling, AI and even engine sounds change as you test you skills in a team at the back of the grid or in a World Championship contender.
7. Spectacular Visual Effects Experience game breaking moments from multiple director cameras and capturing the emotion of a hard fought victory with unique hero shots.
PCCD specific features
8. In-depth telemetry Designed in conjunction with real world Formula One experts, F1 2002 enables players to optimize vehicle setup, driving style and general performance using detailed Telemetry data.
9. State of the art technology Cutting edge graphics technology featuring multi-texturing, new for 2002 dynamic weather effects including electric storms, real word lighting, character animation for pit crews, your race engineer and grid girls and live environment mapping compliment state of the art 6D physics now including engine and brake temperature modelling.
10. Authentic 2002 driver controls & greater accessibility Experience life in the cockpit with the same technological wizardry available to this seasons Formula One racer including Launch Control, Traction Control and variable level automated shifting. An all-new team themed user interface, enhanced game controller support and Force Feedback effects make the racing experience more immersive and accessible than ever before.