Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO boasts the following features:
1. EO for "Extreme Offense" -- Players have instant access to devastating special and super moves at the touch of the C stick control.
2. Multiple Game Modes -- The game offers six modes of play including arcade mode, versus mode, survival mode, training mode and color edit mode.
3. Over 40 characters from world famous Capcom and SNK franchises, such as Street Fighter, Final Fight, Darkstalkers, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown and King of Fighters.
4. Two control modes to make the game accessible for both the novice and experienced player:
- GC-Ism - allows the player to push the C Stick in a direction to execute special and super moves. This feature also automatically blocks for the player and determines the strength of an attack based on how hard the L and R buttons are pressed.
- AC-Ism - is the control mode for the experienced fighter as light, medium and hard attacks are mapped to the GameCube controller buttons.
5. Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO allows players to choose between one of the six following fighting grooves:
- C Groove - Players can use level 1-3 Super Combos, 'Air Block' and Counter attack to defeat their opponent. This groove is similar to the Capcom groove found in the original.
- A Groove - This is the original combo style used in the Street Fighter Zero series. Players can freely mix and match moves to create their own "Custom Combos."
- P Groove - Players can use the `Parry' feature to avoid any attack. A level 3 super combo can only be used in this groove.
- S Groove - This groove is similar to the SNK groove found in the original. In this groove, when a character's vitality is low, the player can unleash a super combo limitlessly. If the gauge reaches its limit when the vitality is almost gone, players can perform a "Max Super Attack."
- N Groove - From King of Fighters '98, players can stock up to 3 levels of super gauge. In this groove, players can perform a `Power Max' by using a level gauge to enhance the character's attack power for a while.
- K Groove - The groove uses a combination of `Just Defense' which makes the opponent's attacks ineffective, and a `Rage Gauge'. Once this gauge is full, the player's attack power increases and they are able to use a `Max Super Attack.'
6. Groove Point System - Points are accumulated through a judgement performance in real-time that is based on the player's game performance.