The former American Idol star had to pull out of a recent concert in Tennessee after she was hospitalised with second-degree burns on her arm following a reported mishap with a vaporiser she was using to to soothe her voice while sleeping.

She returned to the stage at the end of last week (ends10Mar17), but did not address the incident.

On Monday (13Mar17), the singer posted a photo of her arm on Instagram, adding the caption: "Ewww!!! Still hate looking at my arm like this but hey I'm still blessed. Rock Soul ITS (sic) GETTING BETTER BABY."

In the picture, a large area of skin on the singer's forearm appears to have been burned off.