Drake is being sued by a woman who was hit over the head with a glass bottle at one of his concerts three years ago.

The 'God's Plan' hitmaker has found himself in the middle of a bitter legal battle after a woman called Amanda Giovacco accused him, MSG, Live Nation and a food vendor of allowing the crowd to get so disorderly that she was injured during his gig at Madison Square Garden in New York City on August 8, 2016.

The court documents, which were obtained by the New York Post's Page Six Column, claimed ''Amanda Giovacco, was violently struck by a beer bottle that was thrown while attending the Drake concert, was maliciously and without just cause provocation, subjected to a battery.''

The 24-year-old woman has claimed that Drake and his organisers didn't have the right amount of security at the overcrowded venue - even though ''they knew [D]rake has a history of violence'' at his gigs.

She has also accused them of serving ''excessive amounts of alcohol'' to the concert-goers in glass bottles rather than plastic cups.

Her lawyer said: ''Madison Square Garden, the promoter and Drake should have prevented bottles from coming in or circulating within the building and being thrown at a concert.''

Miss Giovacco sustained a ''traumatic brain injury'' as a result of the glass bottle smashing on her head and she now suffers from ''seizures'' that are ''preventing her from attending medical school.''

Her lawyer explained: ''Her future is now precarious.''

This isn't the first time one of Drake's fans have attempted to sue him as two years ago a woman alleged she was sexually assaulted at a Drake/Future concert on August 14, 2016 at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.

The woman - identified only as Jane Doe - said she was approached by ''a man associated with Bridgestone Arena'' who offered to take her backstage to meet the performers.

However, according to her lawsuit, he ''suddenly pushed her to the ground and violently assaulted her, shattering her cell phone and causing severe physical and psychological injury.''