David Bowie and The Smiths have topped a new gay album poll.
Bowie's 1972 release The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars claimed the top spot in the new Out magazine Gayest Albums of All Time list, with The Smiths' self-titled debut coming in at number two.
Tracy Chapman's 1988 debut, Judy Garland's Carnegie Hall live album and Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road also make the top 10.
The Smiths are the only artists to appear twice in the top 10 - their 1986 album The Queen Is Dead is the sixth pick on the gay albums list.
Madonna claims the most albums on the top 100 list, with five. The Smiths net four, with frontman Morrissey's Viva Hate - at number 92 - adding a relatable fifth.
The top 10 is:
1. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars - David Bowie
2. The Smiths - The Smiths
3. Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman
4. Indigo Girls - Indigo Girls
5. Judy At Carnegie Hall - Judy Garland
6. The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths
7. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
8. The Immaculate Collection - Madonna
9. She's So Unusual - Cyndi Lauper
10. I Am A Bird Now - Antony + The Johnsons
In Austin Chick's August, Josh Harnett is having a bad day. As pre-9/11 dot-com hotshot...
That's four swings and four home runs for Christopher Nolan, who remains perfect having helmed...
Like most viewers of his documentary Mayor of the Sunset Strip, director George Hickenlooper (The...
Basquiat -- or "Sasquiatch," as I am becoming increasingly fond of calling this film --...