Dappy has been charged with assault over an alleged incident in the early hours of this morning (27.02.14) following his performance at Chicago's Nightclub in Essex, Southern England.
Dappy has been charged with assault.
The N-Dubz singer and reality TV star has been charged over an alleged incident in the early hours of this morning (27.02.14) after a performance at Chicago's Nightclub in Essex, Southern England.
A police source said Dappy will face allegations of ''assault by beating'' under his real name, Costadinos Contostavlos.
The spokesperson added to the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''He has been released on bail prior to his appearance at Chelmsford Magistrates Court on March 19.''
The singer and rapper had earlier said he enjoyed his night at the club, writing on Twitter: ''Had a great night in Chicagos. Crowd was amazing.''
A source close to the 26-year-old star - who was recently a runner-up on 'Celebrity Big Brother' - denied he was responsible for the altercation.
The friend said: ''He acted in complete self defence.''
In December 2008 Dappy pleaded guilty to two accounts of assault after reportedly spitting in a girl's face during a night out.
In 2013 he was also convicted of affray and assault by beating over a fight on a petrol station forecourt, for which he received a six-month sentence, suspended for 18 months as well as being ordered to do 150 hours community service and pay £4,500 compensation and £2,000 in costs.
Outside of court after receiving the charges he told the BBC: ''I thought it was the end. Everything I'd worked so hard for all these years. I can't lie, I dropped a tear in that dock.''
Sia gets a string of Hollywood stars involved in her latest music video, a festive number entitled 'Santa's Coming For Us' from her newly released...
A startling new video has been unveiled by Alt-J to go with their newest single 'Pleader'.
Green Day have long been known for having political undertones in their music, and their new song 'Back In The USA' is no different.
The film is almost half an hour longer than 'The Force Awakens'.
The film is expected to continue without Mendes' involvement.