Beloved British entertainer Bruce Forsyth is "doing much better" following a major heart operation.
The 88-year-old TV host underwent keyhole surgery on an aortic aneurysm, a swelling of the main artery which carries blood from the heart, in November last year (15).
Doctors discovered the heart condition after the veteran presenter suffered a fall at his home last October (15).
Since the operation Bruce has missed the funeral of his friend and fellow TV star Ronnie Corbett in April (16) and last weekend (04-05Jun16) it was announced he was pulling out of the launch of his wife Lady Wilnelia Forsyth-Johnson's Fortnum & Mason candle range on Wednesday (08Jun16).
Despite admitting her husband's recovery is taking longer than planned, Wilnelia says that he's now on the mend.
"He's doing much better," she tells the Associated Press. "But he's still convalescing. It was a big, big operation. It's taking much longer than we expected, but we're positive that he can recuperate 100 percent."
In December (15) Wilnelia, a former Miss World, told Britain's Daily Mail newspaper she hoped her husband would be recovered within, "one or two months".
However after Bruce was forced to pull out of the event, his manager Ian Wilson said, "If he were well enough to go or medically advised, he would be there, but we're not at that point. He's not going to do something that would endanger recuperation."
Speaking at her candle launch, Wilnelia, who married Bruce in 1983, says that despite his absence her husband was in good spirits.
"He's absolutely thrilled," she adds. "He cannot wait for me to go home and tell him 'They like it'. This morning he gave me a beautiful card to wish me good luck. It said 'Good luck, have a wonderful time, I'm so proud of you' - all those lovely things."