LATEST: Britney Spears has been granted one overnight visit a week with her young sons after a crazy day in court in Los Angeles. The pop star's attorney, Anne Kiley, called an emergency hearing early on Thursday morning (11Oct07) to readdress her client's custody arrangement after she lost physical custody of Sean Preston, two, and Jayden James, one, a week ago. But Spears failed to show when Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon agreed to meet with attorneys representing the singer and her ex-husband Kevin Federline. Gordon sent the lawyers away, urging them to "work it out". Spears then arrived at the courthouse in a white convertible Mercedes-Benz early on Thursday afternoon - to face Commissioner Gordon herself in a closed-court meeting. According to court spokesperson Allan Parachini, her presence prompted the judge to modify his custody decision from last week (ends05Oct07). Parachini claims Spears was respectful when she spoke to the judge, who appeared to empathise with the young mum, stating, "This is a relationship of very young parents and little guy kids." Spears has now been granted a monitored overnight visit once a week with her children. Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, explained in court that he had initially fought a modification of the custody deal because Spears' legal team wanted last week's ruling completely reversed. He revealed the lawyers agreed on a new arrangement to give Spears more time with her sons in between the two court appearances on Thursday. Kiley then explained Spears' once-estranged mother Lynne could be interested in acting as a monitor for the overnight visits. Dressed in blue jeans, a long dark blue sweater and wearing aviator sunglasses, Spears revealed she had an eye infection and asked if she could keep her glasses on throughout the hearing. Her lawyer told the commissioner that Spears had stayed away from the morning hearing in a bid to avoid the media crush that surrounded the courthouse. The attorney growled, "Nobody should have even known about this hearing today." After the short meeting with the commissioner, Spears left the courthouse visibly distressed, and went shopping in nearby Beverly Hills.