Comedian Bill Cosby's escalating sex scandal has cost him another show on his U.S. stand-up tour after promoters in Connecticut pulled plans for a gig in January (15).

Foxwoods Resort Casino officials announced on Monday (24Nov14) that they had indefinitely postponed the embattled funnyman's concert on 31 January (15).

They did not provide a reason for the decision, but the move comes amid an ongoing controversy surrounding Cosby, who has faced numerous sexual assault allegations, dating back to the late 1960s, from a slew of women in the past two weeks.

His alleged victims include model-turned-Tv personality Janice DICkinson and actresses Barbara Bowman and Louisa Moritz.

Cosby's attorney Marty Singer has repeatedly denied the accusations, and released a new statement last week (ends21Nov14), dismissing the latest claims as "unsubstantiated, fantastical stories", which are "becoming increasingly ridiculous".

Singer has also shot down claims made by a former employee at U.S. Tv network NBC, who alleged he took young women to the funnyman's dressing room and stood guard outside, and then helped Cosby deliver thousands of dollars to eight different women with stories to tell in 1989 and 1990.

Frank Scotti, 91, told the New York Daily News he quit his job because of what he was allegedly asked to do for Cosby.

The comedian's attorney says, "It appears that his story is pure speculation so that he can get his 15 minutes of fame."

Venue bosses in Las Vegas, Arizona, Illinois, South Carolina and Washington have also axed Cosby shows.