Amy Winehouse reportedly died from a ''dodgy'' ecstasy tablet according to friends.
Amy Winehouse is believed to have died from a mix of ecstasy and alcohol.
The tragic singer died at her home in North London yesterday (23.07.11) and although police have said it would be "inappropriate" to speculate before the post-mortem is carried out, friends believe a "dodgy" ecstasy tablet killed her.
A pal told the Sunday Mirror: "She has spent the last seven days on a massive bender and people were saying she's going to drink herself to death.
"It was an ecstasy overdose. She could do cocaine until the cows come home. But this was obviously a dodgy pill."
MTV producer Danny Panthaki claimed his friend's boyfriend was one of the first policemen at the scene and backed up the overdose story saying: "My friend's boyfriend is a policeman and he's the one who found Amy Winehouse dead. Overdosed on ecstasy."
Although police and ambulances reported to the scene within five minutes of the emergency call being made, the 27-year-old singer was dead when they arrived.
Superintendent Raj Kohli, of London's Metropolitan Police said: "No post mortem has taken place and it would be inappropriate to speculate on a cause of death.
"On arrival, officers found the body of a 27-year-old woman who was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed, and we can confirm it was Amy Winehouse. The death of any person is a sad time for friends and family, especially in the case of a person such as Amy Winehouse, who was known both nationally and internationally".
As with his Formula One documentary Senna, filmmaker Asaf Kapadia cleverly uses archival footage to...